How do I add an entry to my blog?
Here's how to add an entry to your blog:
- You must be a real-name user to submit blog entries. Find information on how to register here. Once you're registered, Request an upgrade to real-name user status using the contact form.
- Click the "Got news?" item in the main menu near the top of the page. On the "Got news?" page, select the Blog link from the "My Evanston Now" menu in the left column.
- On the new "Submit blog entry" page that appears, enter a title, or headline, for the blog entry in the "Title" field. Try to make your headline short (4~5 words) and catchy so people will want to read your post.
- Select "News" or "Views" from the category list to determine whether this entry should be classified as a news item or an opinion piece.
- Type the content of your blog entry into the "Body" field.
- Click the "Preview" button and check your copy for typos or other errors.
- Once you've fixed any mistakes, click the "Submit" button to post your new blog entry
- Congratulations! You've done it!