Evanston Mayor Steve Hagerty has selected nine members for the city's new Citizen Police Complaint Assessment Committee.
Hagery says the committee is intended to review complaint processes used in Evanston and similar communities and make suggestions for possible changes.
Those named to the panel are:
- Karen Courtright, a market research consultant and member of the Racial Equity Action Leadership Team at the Unitarian Church of Evanston.
- Jared Davis, owner of the former Davis Transportation LLC.
- Peter Demuth, a clinical psychologist.
- Randall Foreman, a recent Calvin College graduate who was a soccer player at Evanston Township High School.
- Matthew Mitchell, an attorney with a specialization in immigration law.
- Jeff Parker, an attorney with Allstate Insurance.
- Joi-Anissa Russell, the director of strategic partnerships at the Moran Center.
- Meggie Smith, a chiropracter at Chiropractic First in Evanston.
- D. Vincent Thomas Jr., a maritime law enforcement specialist with the U.S. Coast Guard and member of the Evanston Board of Ethics.
The mayor's appointments to the committee are expected to be approved by the City Council at its meeting Monday night.
According to a timeline on the city website, the committee is expected to report its recommendations to the City Council by next May.