Early voting for the April 4 Consolidated Election will take place Monday, March 20, through Monday, April 3, at Civic Center in Evanston.
The polling place is located in Room G-300 on the ground floor of the building at 2100 Ridge Ave.
Voting hours are
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday,March 20, through Saturday, March 25,
- 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Monday March 27, through Friday March 31, and on Monday, April 3.
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sundays March 26 and April 2..
A government-issued photo ID is not required to early vote, but is helpful if there is a question about the voter's registration, address or signature.
Residents can register to vote and cast their ballot at any early voting site.
To register, voters must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by the election
- A resident of their precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
Any voter registering for the first time or filing an address change or name change must present two forms of ID, one of which shows the voter's current address. They include
- Illinois driver's license
- Illinois state ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant's name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Public aid ID card
- Lease or rental contract
On Election Day, Tuesday, April 4, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., residents should go to regular polling location to vote.