Air conditioner fire displaces two families

A fire that started in a window air conditioner in a condominium at 642 Sheridan Square this evening has left two families displaced.
Evanston Fire Division Chief Dwight Hohl says fire companies responding to the three-story brick building just before 6 p.m. managed to confine the blaze to the second floor room where it started.
No one was injured in the blaze, but residents of the first and second floor units in the building have been forced to vacate their apartments.

Comments

Perhaps cotton wood trees were to blame

I drove by that location today and wondered what happened. Thanks for posting this. The main reason why things like that happen is not getting regular AC maintenance for your air conditioner.
Those AC coils get clogged up with dust and dirt, but the main culprit for something like that is Cotton Wood trees. Those are the little cotton ball seeds you see floating around the past week. Those get sucked up into the condenser coil and over the years could create a hazardeous condition.
I've never heard of that actually happening but it's very possible. Anyhow, hope everyonne is OK.

Oh my! Fire blazers are here

Oh my! Fire blazers are here again. This news is not new to us especially that when summer heat strike us. So it is very important to watch over your appliances especially those over heat fans and air conditioners. Summer time is fun, just be alert and don't let your ignorance take over your senses. Get your cash assistance to lessen your worries paying your electric bill or if you find your appliance over heat because of excessive usage during this hot season.