Welcome! By using this web site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service").
Evanston Now is Copyright by Evanston Now, LLC, all rights reserved. Evanston Now (the "Site") is provided for your personal use only. Users of Evanston Now may not reproduce, republish or redistribute material from the Site in any form without permission of Evanston Now or the original copyright holder.
In the event you have a claim of copyright infringement with respect to material that is contained in the Evanston Now service, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright on materials contributed by Evanston Now members is held by the individual creators. All postings, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio clips, sounds, video or other materials (the "Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Site, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email or otherwise make available through the Site. For all Content provided by you, you agree to indemnify Evanston Now, LLC, as provided below. By uploading or otherwise posting any Content on the Site, you represent and warrant:
- you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, to the content you provide and the rights to use it as provided in these Terms of Service;
- all information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete, and does not violate these Terms of Service; and,
- the content will not cause injury to any person or entity.
For all such information and material, you grant Evanston Now, its affiliates and related entities, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from such information, in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future.
No Pre-Screening or Editing
This is a community Site. As such, there are interactive areas where users can express opinions and share ideas and information. Evanston Now cannot and does not monitor all of the material posted or transmitted to the Site. Additionally, Evanston Now does not control, and is not responsible for, Content made available through the Site by members. By using the Site, you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of the Site and any of its Content, including but not limited to whether you should rely on said Content. You also agree that under no circumstances will Evanston Now or its affiliates be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Site. You acknowledge that Evanston Now may not pre-screen or approve Content, but that Evanston Now shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Site, for violating the letter or spirit of the Terms or for any other reason. Evanston Now reserves the right to delete any posting, message or photograph at any time, for any reason or no reason.
Online behavior, posting rules
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy, or harms minors in any way;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that purports to be from any person or entity, including but not limited to an Evanston Now employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, mis-informative, or constitutes "bait and switch";
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- that constitutes or contains "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if (1) posted in areas which are not designated for such purposes; or (2) emailed to Evanston Now users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
- that advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law, including without limitation items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by Illinois law;
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Service; or
- that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from or upload data to the Service;
- post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to Evanston Now's computer systems or any other user's computer systems, or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the Evanston Now website.
Membership and registration
By registering as a Member of Evanston Now, you warrant that the information you provide to us, including the personally identifying information, is true and accurate. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, and agree not to sell, transfer or assign your Membership or any Membership rights. We reserve the right to terminate your Membership at any time for any reason. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so others outside your household may not access Evanston Now using your name in whole or in part without our permission. If you believe someone has accessed Evanston Now using your member name and password without your authorization, use the contact form to let us know about it immediately.