Air conditioner fire displaces two families


A fire that started in a window air conditioner in a condominium at 642 Sheridan Square this evening has left two families displaced.

Evanston Fire Division Chief Dwight Hohl says fire companies responding to the three-story brick building just before 6 p.m. managed to confine the blaze to the second floor room where it started.

No one was injured in the blaze, but residents of the first and second floor units in the building have been forced to vacate their apartments.

Editors’ Picks