Evanston aldermen tonight will be ask to authorize spending about $1.5 million in motor fuel tax funds to repave nearly two miles of city streets this year.
The street segments repaved under the plan are:
- Dodge Avenue from Emerson Street to Simpson Street.
- Ewing Avenue from Grant Street to Colfax Street.
- Foster Street from Dodge Avenue to Dewey Avenue.
- Greenwood Street from Maple Avenue to Sherman Avenue.
- Grove Street from Chicago Avenue to Judson Avenue.
- Hinman Avenue from Greenleaf Street to Dempster Street.
- Madison Street from Ridge Avenue to Custer Avenue.
- Sheridan Place for its full length.
- Highland Avenue Thayer Street to Isabella Street.
Contracts for the work are expected to be awarded in April with construction to begin in May.