Figures released by the Illinois Department of Public Health today indicate at least 19 cases of COVID-19 have been reported at long-term-care facilities in Evanston along with at least four deaths.
The reported cases and their locations include:
- Albany Care, 901 Maple Ave. — 2 cases, 0 deaths.
- Aperion Care, 1300 Oak Ave. — 3 cases, 0 deaths.
- Symphony of Evanston, 820 Foster St. — 1 case, 0 deaths.
- Three Crowns Park, 2323 McDaniel Ave. — 10 cases, 4 deaths.
- Westminster Place, 3200 Grant St. — 3 cases, 0 deaths
The state figures also indicate 8 cases and 1 death in a Cook County long-term-care facility identified only as “The Grove.” There are at least three long-term care-facilities in Cook County with that name, including ones in Evanston, Skokie and La Grange Park.
Assuming all the nursing home deaths have been included in the Evanston Health Department’s tally of COVID-19 deaths, that would mean half of the city’s eight novel coronavirus deaths, but only about one in ten of the city’s total count of COVID-19 cases, have occurred in long-term-care facilities.
The figures released by the state include both residents and staff at the facilities who have been sickened by the disease.