Evanston-based First Bank & Trust says it will make donations to charities for the rest of this year in return for "likes" the bank gets on its Facebook page.
“First Bank & Trust is proud to have built such strong relationships with so many non-profit organizations in our community, and we would like to give back to them,” said Jay Lytle, managing director of the bank. “We really think this promotion is a win-win for everyone involved.”
The bank plans to donate $2.50 to a different local non-profit each month for each like, with a cap of $500 per month.
The charities that will receive the banks donations are:
- August: Evanston Community Foundation
- September: Youth Job Center
- October: Assyrian Universal Alliance Foundation
- November: Infant Welfare Society of Evanston
- December: Youth Organizations Umbrella (Y.O.U.)
To participate, visit the First Bank & Trust Facebook page and click the “like” button.