Update 5:40 a.m. 4/8/15: Complete but unofficial returns show that Parsons, Baum and Metz have won in the five-way race for three seats on the Evanston Township High School board.
Brown, Phillips and Rykhus have cruised to victory in the four-way race for three seats on the Evanston/Skokie School District 65 board.
61 of 61 precincts reporting
- Mark Metz (incumbent) 2,339 votes
- Jonathan Baum (incumbent) 2,759 votes
- Adrian Dortch 713 votes
- Monique Parsons 3,010 votes
- Ann Sills 2,095 votes
61 of 61 precincts reporting.
- Jennifer Phillips 3,133 votes
- Omar Brown (incumbent) 3,359 votes
- Adrian Dortch 1,190 votes
- Richard Rykhus (incumbent) 2,688 votes
Voter interest in the elementary and high school board elections was considerably lower this year than it was in the equivalent races four years ago — with only 78 percent as many votes cast in the District 65 election and 83 percent as many votes cast in the District 202 election this year as were cast in 2011.
Just 8.9 percent of registered voters in the two school districts cast ballots in the election, one of the lowest voter turnouts in any of the many school elections across Cook County. By contrast, in New Trier Township nearly 21 percent of voters cast ballots in the school election, which also featured a race for village trustee in Wilmette.
In the race for one seat on the Ridgeville Park District board, incumbent Patrick McCourt defeated challenger Socorro Clarke.
Ridgeville Park District
16 of 16 precincts reporting. Turnout 9.61 percent.
- Patrick McCourt (incumbent) 643 votes
- Socorro Clarke 499 votes.
The Oakton Community College race provided the only local contest where an incumbent failed to win re-election — with Benjamin Salzberg defeating Theresa Bashiri-Remetio for one of two open slots on the board, while incumbent William Stafford of Evanston was far in front in the total vote count.
Oakton Community College
341 of 341 precincts reporting. Tunout 11.51 percent.
- William Stafford (incumbent) 12,628 votes
- Constantine Ress 7,864 votes
- Christopher Evdoxiadis 3,358 votes
- Theresa Bashiri-Remetio (incumbent) 8,060 votes
- Benjamin Salzberg 9,073 votes