Evanston's fall bulk trash pickup program starts this Friday — offering residents free removal of up to six cubic yards of bulk garbage.
The pickup schedule is based on the normal trash pickup day for your neighborhood.
- Wednesday routes will have bulk pickup on Friday, Oct. 3.
- Thursday routes will have bulk pkcup on Friday, Oct. 10.
- Monday routes will have bulk pickup on Friday, Oct. 17.
- Tuesday routes will have bulk pickup on Friday. Oct. 24.
In order to participate, residents must follow the guidelines listed below:
- All trash must be out by 7 a.m.; City crews will not return for late set outs.
- Items must be less than six cubic yards per household, which is roughly equivalent to two couches, four chairs, one mattress and box spring, OR 25 medium garbage bags.
- Items must be placed outside in an orderly fashion. (For example, bagged, contained or bundled. No loose garbage.)
- Absolutely no hazardous materials, construction materials, electronics, tires or appliances will be collected.
- Crews will only remove bulk items; no garbage carts will be emptied.
If City crews are unable to complete routes on Friday, collection will continue on Saturday.
Residents with larger debris removal must call/text 847-448-4311 to request a special pick-up. Residents will be charged for special pick-ups.