fire-1120-south-boulevard-20191126-epd

Fire investigators say candles used for Christmas decoration started a fire this morning that did substantial damage to a home at 1120 South Blvd. in Evanston.

Fire Division Chief Paul Polep says fire companies were called to the scene at 6:49 a.m. and found heavy smoke and moderate fire conditions in the front of the building.

Polep says the crews managed to extinguish the fire within about 30 minutes.

Fire crews from neighboring communities also responded to the scene.

Three firefighters suffered minor injuries battling the blaze.

Bill Smith is the editor and publisher of Evanston Now.

Leave a comment

The goal of our comment policy is to make the comments section a vibrant yet civil space. Treat each other with respect — even the people you disagree with. Whenever possible, provide links to credible documentary evidence to back up your factual claims.

Your email address will not be published.