Evanston city staffers start hanging out in local coffee shops today to gather ideas for next year’s city budget.
You can talk tax rates and service levels with folks involved in preparing the budget at:
- Brothers K, 500 Main St., from 9 to 11 a.m. today.
- Linz and Vail, 2012 Central St. from 10 a.m. to noon Monday, Sept. 16.
- Unicorn Cafe, 1723 Sherman Ave., from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17.
- Coffee Lab, 1823 Noyes St., from 1 to 3 p.. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
- Boocoo, 1823 Church St., from 3 to 5 p.m.Wednesday, Sept. 18.
- Perla Cafe, 1813 Dempster St., from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19.
- McDonalds, 1117 Howard St., from 8 to 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 20.
Update 7:40 p.m.: Residents Debbie Hillman and Natalie Watson meet with Evanston’s International City Management Association fellow, Jonathan Williams-Kinsel, at Brothers K (City of Evanston photo).
Residents can also submit ideas to the city’s Engage Evanston website, by email to email@example.com, by calling 311 or you could just post a comment on this story.
There’ll also be a citizens budget input meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, at the Chandler-Newberger Community Center, 1028 Central St.
And City Manager Wally Bobkiewicz will hold a virtual town hall meeting on Facebook from noon to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 19.
Background information on the budget is available on the city website.
Top: Coffee cup photo from Wikipedia.