The Evanston City Council adopted a strategic plan for the city Monday that has been under development for nearly a year.
Aldermen also approved:
- A $230,000 contract for architectural consulting work on the proposed remodeling of the youth services area of the public library.
- A $634,000 contract for phase two renovations to Mason Park.
- An application for a $260,000 federal grant to renovate the two fog signal buildings at the Grosse Pointe Lighthouse.
- Four alley paving projects.
- A special use for a drive-through at the proposed Harris Bank branch at 2819 Central St.