Downtown Evanston hosts the fifth annual Evanston Oktoberfest on Sunday, Sept 29, from noon to 6 p.m. at the Evanston Farmer’s Market location, University Place and Oak Avenue with 18 breweries, local food vendors, German musicians and dancers, live music by Railheart and fun and games.
Evanston Oktoberfest is the premier fundraiser for Downtown Evanston, the organization that works to keep downtown Evanston a clean, vibrant and fun place to live, work and explore.
New this year, EvanstonMade is hosting a special Maker’s Market featuring over 50 local artists. Located right next door at the Maple Avenue Parking Garage, Oktoberfest attendees receive complimentary access to this art market with their wristband.
Entertainment will take place under the big tent. Kids can enjoy fall arts and crafts activities hosted by One River School and mini-pumpkin painting. Adults will have the opportunity to get competitive with tricycle races and stein hold and costume contests.
Here’s the schedule of events:
- Noon — Official Tapping of the Keg by Smylie Brothers Brewing Co.
- Noon to 1 p.m. — DJ Dustin Harris.
- 1:15 to 1:30 p.m. — Edelweiss Dancers.
- 1:30 to 3 p.m. — Die Musikmeisters Band will perform traditional Oktoberfest songs and lead a sing-a-long and the Chicken Dance.
- 3:05 to 3:20 p.m. — Edelweiss Dancers.
- 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. — Stein Hold Contest & Costume Contest.
- 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. — Railheart.
Tickets to Evanston Oktoberfest are $35 day of and $30 early bird available through Sept. 22. They’re available online.
Ticket holders receive a commemorative stein and tasting card valid for 12 6-oz pours. Designated driver and all kids 13 and older must purchase tickets for $15 or $10 early bird rate through Sept. 22. Kids 12 and under are free. Food is available for purchase directly from the vendors with cash or credit. Event is rain or shine.