nichols_middle_school

The Evanston Fire Department returned to Nichols Middle School Wednesday night to run more tests to determine the source of fumes thought earlier to be from a gas leak, but did not pick up readings of anything of concern, according to a spokesperson for Evanston/Skokie School District 65.

“The school was monitored closely all day (Thursday), but there were no issues reported,” according to Melissa Messinger, the district’s communications coordinator.

[block:block=168]

“They believe the original odor may have come from something that was sprayed in the building yesterday afternoon,” she reported.

“We do not know what it was, but there was nothing to indicate that it was harmful or toxic,” she said.

Earlier story:

Fumes affect students at Nichols

Charles Bartling

A resident of Evanston since 1975, Chuck Bartling holds a master’s degree in journalism from Northwestern University and has extensive experience as a reporter and editor for daily newspapers, radio...

Leave a comment

The goal of our comment policy is to make the comments section a vibrant yet civil space. Treat each other with respect — even the people you disagree with. Whenever possible, provide links to credible documentary evidence to back up your factual claims.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *