Residents and businesses can help make the holiday season joyful for needy Evanston families by making donations to the Holiday Toy and Food Drive.
This annual drive is sponsored by Evanston Mayor Elizabeth Tisdahl and local community organizations.
Donations are being accepted from today through Monday, Dec. 19.
New, unwrapped toys and/or non-perishable food items are being accepted at eight convenient collection sites:
- The recreation office in Room 1100 of the Civic Center at 2100 Ridge Ave. from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays.
- The Evanston Public Library at 1703 Orrington Ave., from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- The Chandler-Newberger Center, 1028 Central St., from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
- The Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd., from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Fleetwood-Jourdain Center, 1655 Foster St., 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays ant 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- The Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes St., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- The Robert Crown Center, 1701 Main St., 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, 9 to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Thbursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
For more information, please call 847-448-8138. To volunteer to help with this effort, please visit www.cityofevanston.org/volunteer or call 847-448-8266.