Paid Post: On Saturday, Feb. 13, Downtown Evanston is hosting “Show the Love,” an event to celebrate Valentine’s Day and raise money for Foundation 65, a nonprofit organization that provides art and literacy grants to District 65 schools.
Come out to the Hilton Orrington Hotel, at the plaza adjacent to Farmhouse Restaurant, at 12:30 p.m. to catch heart parachutes with surprise giveaways.
Giveaways include Giordano’s “golden ticket,” special coupons for Ayla’s Originals and Becky & Me Toys, free classes at Pure Barre and Exhale Evanston, Century Theatre movie tickets, gift certificates to FlowersFlowers and Bookends & Beginnings, Downtown Evanston gift cards, or a gift card to Found, Bistro Bordeaux, Creperie Saint Germain, Mt. Everest Restaurant and much, much more. One lucky person will catch a free night at the Hilton Orrington Hotel!
Afterward, shop and dine at the businesses listed below. A portion of sales on Feb. 13 will be donated to Foundation 65. Just mention “Show the Love!”
- Becky & Me Toys, 620 Grove St.
- Bistro Bordeaux, 608 Church St.
- Bottle & Bottega, 1016 Davis St., donating a portion of proceeds from events on Feb. 13 and 14.
- Creperie Saint Germain, 1512 Sherman Ave.
- Edzo’s Burger Shop, 1571 Sherman Ave., donating $2 from each Burger LOVERS Meal.
- Evereve, 1608 Sherman Ave., donating 15 percent of sales from the fundraising party from 3 to 7 p.m. on Feb. 13.
- Gigio’s Pizzeria, 1001 Davis St., donating 5 percent of sales from the “Candle Light Dinner for Two” coupon on Feb. 14.
- Giordano’s, 1527 Chicago Ave.
- Koi Restaurant, 624 Davis St.
- Patisserie Coralie, 600 Davis St.
- World of Beer, 1601 Sherman Ave.
Stop by these businesses to enjoy free card-making, cake-tasting and other Valentine’s Day events.
- Chiropractic First, 1609 Chicago Ave., from 12:30 to 2 p.m, create inspirational cards with love messages.
- Bookends & Beginnings, 1712 Sherman Ave., in the alley, 3 to 4 p.m., “Eat a Sweet” and 4 to 6 p.m., “Meet a Sweetie” Singles Meet-up.
For a complete listing of events, visit http://downtownevanston.org/show-the-love.
Downtown Evanston provides marketing and management services to the downtown Evanston Illinois district and is a 501(c)(6) non-profit corporation. The district that Downtown Evanston is responsible for is the Special Service Area 4 (SSA4), Illinois’ equivalent of a Business Improvement District (BID). Established in 1987, Downtown Evanston is governed by a Board of Directors and works in partnership with he City of Evanston.