Early voting for the November 6 Gubernatorial general election will take place from Oct. 22 through Nov. 5 at the Evanston Civic Center.
Evanston residents may register and vote in Room G300 of the Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave., at the following days and times:
- Weekdays Oct. 22-26, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Weekdays Oct. 29-Nov. 5, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, Oct. 27 and Nov. 3, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays, Oct. 28 and Nov. 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A government-issued photo ID is not required but is helpful if there is a question about the voter’s registration, address or signature.
Residents can register to vote at all early vote sites and at their election day polling location. Any voter who needs to register for the first time or file an address change or name change must present two forms of identification, one of which shows the voter’s current address. A list of acceptable forms of ID is available online.
To obtain an application to vote by mail, registered suburban Cook County voters can:
- Download and print the mail ballot application (applications are also available in Spanish, Hindi and Chinese).
- Visit the Evanston City Clerk’s Office, 2100 Ridge Avenue, to pick up an application.
- Call the Cook County Clerk’s Office: 312-603-0946.
- Call the Evanston City Clerk’s Office for more information: 847-448-8189 .
For election questions or concerns, residents should contact the City Clerk’s office at 847-448-4311.