Evanston Township High School announced plans today for addressing concerns about the COVID-19 coronavirus in a memo to students and parents from Superintendent Eric Witherspoon.
The memo said the nurse’s office at the school works with Evanston’s Health Department whenever a public health or safety concern may affect students.
Witherspoon recommended a range of everyday habits to avoid illness:
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Keep your fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not share water bottles or similar containers.
- Visit a doctor if you have a fever, cough, body aches, and fatigue.
- If you or a family member is sick, stay home and limit contact with others.
Witherspoon says ETHS will continue to take reasonable steps to keep our school functioning as normal, including routine cleaning he also noted that the school has an e-learning plan available if the school must be closed for any reason.