Evanston Township High School’s Board of Education is scheduled to fill a board vacancy during a special meeting Monday evening.
According to the district, eight people are seeking the position. A ninth candidate initially applied but withdrew from consideration.
The position opened up when a former board member, Jude Laude, decided not to run for re-election. Three other incumbents were re-elected in April, but the fourth slot remained open because no non-incumbents sought board seats.
Board members have interviewed the eight prospects over the past couple of weeks. The applicants are:
- Mirah Anti, director of diversity and inclusion at Highland Park High School.
- Richard Castellini, a due diligence consultant with Castellini Consulting.
- Mike Kegler, innovation and data manager at the Latin School of Chicago.
- Jim Iorio, Theatre Department program coordinator at Roosevelt University. He also applied for but was not chosen for to fill a board vacancy at School District 65.
- Dr. David Soglin, chief medical officer at La Rabida Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Morris Fisher, professor of neurology at Loyola University Medical School and an adjunct professor at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Andrew Ross, managing director of global finance at Sovereign Infrastructure Group.
- Charles de los Reyes, director of marketing sciences at In4mation Insights.