A total of 12 candidates will be running for six positions on Evanston’s two school boards this spring.
No new candidates filed on this last day to file petitions to run for the school board in Evanston/Skokie School District 65 or Evanston Township High School District 202.
So the field for three District 65 seats will be composed of:
- Incumbent board president Terry Keith of 616 Wesley Ave.
- Incumbent board member Katie Bailey of 1619 Ashland Ave.
- Richard Rykhus of 2128 Brummel St.
- Eileen Budde of 1022 Greenwood St.
- Suzanne Crawford of 211 Dewey St.
- J.B. Rees of 3321 Grant St.
The only incumbent board member whose term is up for election who didn’t filed petitions is Bonnie Lockhart of 1922 Dewey Ave.
And the field for three seats the ETHS board will include the three incumbents:
- Jane Colleton of 1724 Wesley Ave.
- Mark Metz of 2125 Sherman Ave.
- Mary Wilkerson of 1712 Dobson St.
Challengers in the ETHS board race will be:
- Jonathan Baum of 2754 Broadway Ave.,
- Cherie Hansen of 550 Wesley Ave.
- Scott Rochelle of 3300 Wilder St. in Skokie.
Baum served on the District 65 school board from 2003 to 2007. Hansen is co-president of the ETHS Parent-Teacher-Student Association.