fire-engine-cutoutimg_8025

Evanston fire officials say a torch being used for roof repairs apparently sparked a fire that displaced a family from their home at 714 Seward St. Wednesday night.

Fire Division Chief Dwight Hohl says fire units responding to the call at 9:16 p.m. found flames in a seond floor bedroom that had also spread into the attic.

Fire companies from eight neighboring departments were called to assist Evanston firefighters who had to deal with last night’s hot air temperatures while battling the blaze.

The fire was extinguished within about a half hour. No injuries were reported.

Bill Smith is the editor and publisher of Evanston Now.

Leave a comment

The goal of our comment policy is to make the comments section a vibrant yet civil space. Treat each other with respect — even the people you disagree with. Whenever possible, provide links to credible documentary evidence to back up your factual claims.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *