fire-efd-stock-vignette-hydrant-1116-fowler-fire-20150510_193748

Evanston fire crews are on the scene of a fire in a home at 2155 McDaniel Ave. this evening.

The fire was reported just after 7 p.m. Police have blocked off traffic on McDaniel between Payne and Noyes streets.

First crews on the scene said the fire appeared to have started in the chimney of the two-story brick home.


Update 7:45 p.m.: The fire is extinguished and crews have started clearing the scene. The firefighters managed to limit the fire to the chimney of the home.

Bill Smith is the editor and publisher of Evanston Now.

Leave a comment

The goal of our comment policy is to make the comments section a vibrant yet civil space. Treat each other with respect — even the people you disagree with. Whenever possible, provide links to credible documentary evidence to back up your factual claims.

Your email address will not be published.