Five Evanston-based businesses are among the 5,000 fastest growing ones in America, according to a newly released list from Inc. magazine.
That gives Evanston more representation on the list than any but three other Chicago-area suburbs.
Schaumburg tops the tally with 11 firms, Naperville is next with 7 and Lombard has 6. Oak Brook is tied with Evanston with five.
The Evanston firms on the Inc. 5000 list are:
- Toops LLC, a developer of data-driven ecommerce business tools, ranked #271, with revenue last year of $7.7 million and three-year growth of 1,621%
- Right at School, a provider of childcare programs, ranked #1231, with revenue last year of $25.2 million and three-year growth of 334%.
- Opex Analytics, a provider of artificial intelligence services to businesses, ranked $1420, with revenue last year of $14.3 million and three-year growth of 290%.
- Clerestory Consulting, a business consulting firm, ranked #4069, with revenues last year of $9.9 million and three-year growth of 79 percent.
- Multilingual Connections, a provider of translation services, ranked #4757, with revenues last year of $2.6 million and three-year growth of 59%.
A total of 235 Chicago-area firms made the list this year, with 122 based in a total of 59 different suburbs and 113 based in the City of Chicago.