A slow-moving low pressure system is expected to bring small amounts of snow to Evanston each day from Thursday through Saturday — potentially adding up to a total around three inches.
Edgar Cano of Evanston’s Public Works Agency says here’s how the city’s private forecast service is estimating the next three days will play out.
- Tonight: Light snow showers/ flurries starting after midnight. Accumulation of a trace to 0.25 in.
- Thursday: Light snow showers/freezing drizzle, accumulation of up to 0.5 in. possible.
- Thursday night: Another round of light snow through Friday morning with another 0.5 to 0.8 in. possible.
- Friday: Light snow/rain early. Cloudy with light rain and snow in the evening. 1 to 2 in. accumulation possible.
- Saturday: Light snow showers/flurries till about 1pm. Trace to 0.25 in. possible.