West Evanston merchants are planning events this weekend to encourage residents to do their holiday shopping locally.
They’ve organized a holiday walk with stops at 10 shops Friday through Sunday and a pop-up holiday bazaar at the Evanston Plaza shopping center on Saturday.
The holiday walk runs from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Organized by the Evanston West Village Business Association, the walk features onsite tours of several organizations, special offers and gift certificates, a tasty farmer’s market and pop-up art gallery.
Participating businesses include:
- Building Vision, 1129 Florence: Remodeling contractor.
- Defining Moments, 1127 Florence: Custom paper craft store.
- Dance Center Evanston, 1934 Dempster: Dance, yoga, zumba and more.
- Evanston Print and Paper Shop, 1125 Florence: Custom letterpress and stationery
- Evanston West Village Home Grown Holiday Bazaar, Evanston Plaza at Dempster and Dodge.
- H&H Chicago Printers, 1800 Dempster: Full service printing
- Heartwood Center for Body Mind Spirit, 1818 Dempster: Holistic healthcare (Saturday, 2 to 5 p.m. only).
- Just Builders, 537 Custer: General contractor.
- PerficalSense Studio and Gallery, 1123 Florence: Monthly art openings and workshops.
- Perla Café, 1813 Dempster: Coffeehouse and entertainment
Cindy Jevon, a business association board member and owner of PerficalSense Studio and Gallery, says “We want to throw our doors open and invite people to experience all our neighborhood has to offer.”
“Using available spaces for a pop-up art gallery and touring local studios, shops and cafés gives us all a chance to meet our neighbors, introduce people from outside our neighborhood to our unique local businesses and shops,” she added.