fire-efd-stock-vignette-hydrant-1116-fowler-fire-20150510_193748

Evanston fire units responded to a kitchen fire in a home at 2521 Marcy Ave. shortly before 9 o’clock this morning.

Fire fighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze and there’ve been no reports of injuries.

That call came just about a half hour after units responded to a fire in an electrical panel at the Best Western Hotel on Sherman Avenue downtown.

Firefighters found the electrical fire had already gone out on its own by the time they got there.

Bill Smith is the editor and publisher of Evanston Now.

Leave a comment

The goal of our comment policy is to make the comments section a vibrant yet civil space. Treat each other with respect — even the people you disagree with. Whenever possible, provide links to credible documentary evidence to back up your factual claims.

Your email address will not be published.