Evanston’s new 311 center got a total of 50 complaints in the first seven days of this month about missed garbage or recycling pickups.
That’s one tidbit of information in a new weekly summary of calls to the center released Friday by the city.
Of a total of 356 service requests, the top five all involved the city’s Public Works Department.
- 41 people requested a special trash pickup.
- 25 complained about a missed recycling pickup.
- 25 complained about a missed garbage pickup.
- 24 requested a large trash cart.
- 17 reported a pot hole on a secondary road.
City workers recently switched roles with private contractors on trash hauling — with the city employees now handling recycling and a private contractor handling garbage pickups.
Overall, the center, which also serves as the main city switchboard, received a total of 2,520 calls during the period, with the largest number involving issues for the city’s Administrative Services Department, which handles finance and human resources.
(Photo by Mike Perlman.)