Northwestern University police officials say total reportable crime dropped 28 percent on the Evanston campus last year, but the number of reported sexual assaults increased.
Here are the totals by category:
- Sexual assault cases rose from 2 to 5.
- Robbery incidents fell from 3 to 1.
- Aggravated assaults stayed the same at 1 each year.
- Burglary incidents fell from 168 to 109.
- Motor Vehicle theft incidents stayed the same at 2 each year.
- Arson reports fell from 2 to 1.
- Liquor law arrests rose from 8 to 20.
- Drug law arrests fell from 10 to 2.
- No homicide or manslaughter incidents or weapons law violations were reported in either 2006 or 2007.
The crime figures were included in a report that all colleges are required to provide to their students under federal law. The full report is available online.
Pamphlet sent to students details increase in some crimes (Daily Northwestern)