Erie Family Health will open its Evanston/Skokie center on Monday, Nov. 4.
The new center at 1285 Hartrey Ave. at the corner of Dempster Street in Evanston replaces the temporary Erie facility at Evanston’s Civic Center.
The center’s director, Tiosha Goss, says Erie has cared for over 1,400 medical and 850 dental patients at the Civic Center site over the past year and expects to be able to provide care for more than 5,500 people at the new state-of-the-art facility.
The new health center will provide pediatrics, internal medicine, family medicine, women’s health, oral health services for children and behavioral health care.
The new location will offer:
- Five dental chairs and capacity to serve new pediatric patients. Erie’s dental staff treats oral health problems, provides dental sealants and invites patients back every three to six months for cleanings, x-rays and other preventive services. There is no waiting list or referrals needed for children under age 20.
- Prenatal care as well as verification of pregnancy services. These services will include counseling, benefits assistance and selection of Erie as a medical home.
- Community education classes in nutrition, physical activity and other health topics to help patients manage and improve their health.
- Expanded Behavioral Health services with the capscity to provide more than 800 patient visits per year at the new location.
- A family-centered environment with a dedicated children’s play room, creating a welcome distraction from their potential fear associated with visiting the doctor. For new mothers, it will also have a room dedicated to breastfeeding or pumping.
- Case Managers at the new location will work with pregnant women and teen mothers and their children to link them to public benefits as appropriate and connect them with other community resources such as housing, education, and subsidized cribs and car seats.
Patients can call 847-666-3494 to make an appointment.