MadKap Productions holds a Short Play Festival on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 15 and 16 at the Skokie Theatre.
Performances are at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $12.
It's program of ten-minute plays presented by Chicago's finest directors. Vote for the project you'd like to see as the festival winner.
The plays include:
- "Buster Keaton Passes By," written by Federico García Lorca, translated and directed by Robert Eric Shoemaker, starring Ruben Lesnick as Buster Keaton, with performances by Rebecca Segall and Robert Eric Shoemaker.
- "A Short History of Weather," by Jonathan Yukich, directed by Rocco Thompson, starring John Rhodes and Adrienne Lee.
- "Sample at Your Own Risk," by Jeff Taylor, directed by Josh Johnson, starring Chris Miller, Rob Grabowski, Megan Skord, Jay Cook and Josh Johnson.
- "The Magic Garden," written and directed by Lauren Rawitz, starring Lainie Kray, Alyson Low, Allison Phillips, Katia Podtynov, Ray Weisz and Emily Wynn.
- "Postal Service," by Samantha Beach, directed by Charlie Marie McGrath, starring Rachel Shapiro, Annie Munch, Megan DeLay, and Jake Meyer. Music provided by Pocketful of Scoundrel.
- "I Have It," written by Bekah Brunstetter, directed by Lexi Saunders, starring Miden Wood and Goran Norquist.
- "City Minyan," by Susan Lieberman, directed by Anna C. Bahow, starring Kirsten D'Aurelio.
- "Ribbit," by Myrna Petlicki, music by Gina Lyden Masland