Northwestern University has made changes to shuttle bus routes, based on feedback from NU students, employees and local residents.
The changes, which have just gone into effect, include, on the Intercampus shuttle:
- The northbound Chicago/Davis and Chicago/Main stops hase moved to the north side of each respective intersection to decrease traffic congestion.
- A stop has been added at Chicago/Greenleaf near the Jewel and Whole Foods stores.
- The Engelhart Hall stop has been reinstated and the route changed slightly now that the Evanston sewer project is nearly complete.
- The Ridge/Garnett and Noyes/Sherman stops have been removed from the route.
The Ryan Field route:
- Now runs in only one direction throughout the day, all stops from the “Ryan Field AM” route are discontinued.
- New stops include: Green Bay/Harrison (west side of Green Bay Road near the Central Street Metra station); the southwest corner of Emerson/Maple; and the Elgin/Clark/Orrington intersection in front of Burger King.
- The Clark/Chicago stop has been removed.
In addition, the price of a 10-ride pass on the Chicago train shuttle has been increased to $15. The price of the monthly pass will remain unchanged at $35.
More information on the changes is available on the NU shuttle website.