Property sales in Evanston picked up in August compared to the pace of recent months, but for the year so far sales continue to trail last year’s pace.
The city collected $309,240 in real estate transfer tax revenue last month, compared to $260,880 in July.
But for the year so far revenue is just $1.72 million, compared to $2.08 million a year ago.
The number of taxable sales last month totalled 126, down from 134 in July and 142 in August a year ago.
The highest-priced single family home changing hands last month was a lakefront property at 901 Edgemere Court, which sold for $2.55 million.
Several single-family homes near the lake also sold for prices over $1 million last month, including:
- 1138 Sheridan Road, which sold $2.35 million.
- 2746 Euclid Park Place, which sold for $1.975 million.
- 586 Ingleside Park, which sold for $1.8 million.
- 2702 Sheridan Road, which sold for $1.45 million.
- 2831 Sheridan Place, which sold for $1.1975 million.
- 1247 Hinman Ave., which sold for $1.16 million.
Other transactions topping the million dollar mark were:
- Land in the Kendall Place development on Orrington Avenue which sold for $3 million.
- 1515 Chicago Ave., the vacant lot that’s scheduled to become a extended-stay hotel, for $2.1 million.
- A commercial building at 327-339 Howard St., which changed hands for $1.7 million.