Property sales in Evanston sagged last month, falling below the average of sales for May over the past five years.
There were 106 taxable sales in May this year compared to 115 in the same month last year.
The city recorded $231,315 in real estate transfer tax reveue for May, reaching a cumulative total for the year so far of $1.12 million.
The monthly average for the year is now about 7 percent under the number needed to make the city’s budget target for the transfer tax of $2.875 million.
Five sales topped the million-dollar mark last month:
- A renovated lakefront home at 1140 Lake Shore Blvd. sold for $2.825 million.
- A lannonstone Tudor home at 12 Milburn Park near the lakefront sold for $1.8 million.
- A newly constructed two-story home at 2723 Thayer St. sold for $1.507 million.
- A six-bedroom Victorian home at 1142 Judson Ave. sold for $1.35 million.
- A colonial revival home at 2825 Colfax St. sold for $1.19 million.