Despite improving compared to last month, property sales so far this year in Evanston still lag last year’s pace.
The city collected $272,295 in real estate transfer tax revenue last month, up less than $1,500 from from the same month last year. And for the year to date revenue totals $1.15 million, compared to $1.27 million last year.
In June this year 133 properties changed hands, compared to 131 in the same month last year. Sales for the year so far total 523, compared to 558 at this point last year.
Six properties valued at more than $1 million changed hands last month.
- Units in condo developments at 525 Main St. and 900 Chicago Ave. were sold for $1.65 million by Citizen Bank NA to US Bank NA.
- An apartment building at 744 Dobson St. was sold by Lambeth Mannor LLC for $1.4 million and bought by CDS Dobson LLC.
- A Victorian home at 709 Foster St. sold for $1.13 million.
- A Prairie-style stucco home at 650 Michigan Ave. sold for $1.125 million.
- A Tudor-style stucco home at 3025 Normandy Place sold for $1.1 million
- And a large, recently built brick home at 2837 Park Place sold for $1.05 million.