Paid Post: Shoppers, get ready to hit the sidewalks of downtown Evanston and shop small on Saturday, Nov. 25, for “Small Business Saturday.”
Expect to find great deals on apparel, shoes, one-of- a-kind accessories, home goods and special deals at participating restaurants!
Kick off the day at Boltwood (804 Davis St,) with brunch and receive 10% off your bill and enjoy $5 mimosas! Join in on a cookie crawl all day at participating stores – find stores at www.downtownevanston.org/events.
Discounts can be found at some of our local favorites, take advantage at these businesses:
- Egea Spa (1521 Sherman Ave.) is offering 15% discount on $100 gift cards;
- free gift with $50 purchase at dragonfly-df (1501 Chicago Ave.);
- 25% off all retail and class packets at The Barre Code (604 Davis St.);
- 15% off at Gigi Bottega (612 Davis St.);
- a new pop-up shop Kovet (900 Church St.) is offering 20% off all dresses;
- spend $100 and get $20 gift card at Uncle Dan’s (901 Church St.);
- receive 50% off select frames at Lumen Optical (809 Church St.);
- get 20% off all reproduction posters and prints at the Alley Gallery (1712 Sherman Ave. – alley);
- Cou Cou & Olive (1716 Sherman Ave.) is offering 20% off everything;
- select items at Campus Gear (1722 Sherman Ave.) are 50% off;
- Stepping Out on Faith (1632 Orrington Ave.) is offering 25% off all purchases and
- Williams Shoes is offering 10% off boots, shoes and more.
As if all the discounts provided wasn’t enough, you will be rewarded by Downtown Evanston for spending $75 at participating stores. It’s easy!
Step 1) Pick up a passport at Boltwood or Vinic Wine (also available at select stores)
Step 2) Go Shopping! When you purchase something at a participating store, have the passport stamped and the store will write in the dollar amount spent.
Step 3) Once you have spent at least $75, take the passport to Vinic Wine for a customized Shop Small tote bag, a “We Love Evanston” coffee mug and pop socket plus be entered for a raffle; 2 chances to win $50 gift cards.
This offer is only for merchandise, services and food/drink are not eligible. Although, we encourage you to take advantage of all of these deals!
A handful of businesses are hosting in-store events as well including;
- Ayla’s Original’s (1511 Sherman Ave.), purchase $50 gift card for only $40, 20% off select merchandise and participate in a “Chopped Bead Challenge” to be eligible to win a $200 gift bag price!
- Becky and Me Toys (620 Grove St.) welcomes “Belle the Calico Critter” from 11am-1pm, a great photo op with the kids plus select merchandise is 50% off or buy one get one free.
- From 5 to 7 p.m. head to Bookends and Beginnings (1712 Sherman Ave. – alley) for a free beer and pizza tasting event, plus spend $50 to get a free tote.
- Last, get artsy at Creative Coworking (922 Davis St.) for an art opening and enjoy a glass of wine.
And after all your shopping, take advantage of some food and drink specials at these establishments:
- Koi (624 Davis St.) is offering free bloody mary’s and mimosa’s;
- Half off appetizers at Whiskey Thief (616 Davis St.);
- A free shake with order of burger and fries at Edzo’s (1571 Sherman Ave.);
- Pete Miller’s (1557 Sherman Ave.) opens at 4:30 p.m. and they are offering a free glass of wine with entrée;
- Free churro with entrée at That Little Mexican Café (1010 Church St.);
- Free fries at Epic Burger (1622 Sherman Ave.);
- Free soup with lunch and $9 cocktail specials at Nakorn (1622 Orrington Ave);
- $5 winter warmer drink with entrée at Celtic Knot (626 Church St.);
- A free side with entrée at La Cocinita (1625 Chicago Ave.), and
- A Midwest favorite, $5 old fashioned cocktails at Bangers and Lace (810 Grove St.).
Shop. Eat. Repeat this Saturday and every Saturday though the holiday season! Show your love for downtown businesses!
Downtown Evanston is a nonprofit corporation that provides marketing and management services to Evanston’s downtown business district. For additional information, visit downtownevanston.org.