City officials have announced snow parking restrictions for Evanston through Wednesday as a major storm starts to blanket the city.
Vehicles will be subject to ticketing and towing.
The overnight ban on parking on major streets posted as snow routes will apply both tonight and Tuesday night from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
Daytime snow emergency parking restrictions will apply on side streets posted with snow emergency signs on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses on Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses during the same hours on Wednesday
To help get cars off the street, free parking will be available in the three city-owned downtown garages through 11:59 p.m. on Friday as well as in the AMITA St. Francis parking garage and in several city-owned parking lots.
Those lots are:
- Lot 16, 800/900 Noyes St. at the CTA tracks
- Lot 24, 727 Main St.
- Lot 54, Central Street Metra Station
- Lot 27, 1621 Oak Ave.
- Lot 68, 700 block of Howard St.
- Lot 4, Central Street at Stewart Avenue (metered spaces only)
- Lot 51, 927 Noyes St. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 25, 1614 Maple Ave. (metered spaces only)
- James Park, between the west field house and the hill, as well as the south lot near the CTA tracks (NOT the Levy Center parking lot)
Garbage collections delayed
Trash and recycling collections will be impacted by the weather. Tuesday and Wednesday collections will be postponed. All special pickups for this week will be rescheduled.
Warming centers available
The following city facilities will be available as warming centers
- Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave. Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Robert Crown Community Center, 1801 Main St. Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Chandler-Newberger Community Center, 1028 Central St. 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.