With public works crews still working to clear streets after another round of snow Monday morning, the city is imposing a snow route parking ban again for Monday night.
The ban, which prohibits parking on major streets signed as snow routes, will be in effect from 11 p.m. Monday until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The daytime ban on parking on the even-numbered side of residential streets continues Monday until 6 p.m.
That will switch to a ban on parking on the odd-numbered side on Tuesday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you need a place to get your car off the street, the city is offering free parking at a number of locations through 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday.
Those sites include the Maple Avenue garage downtown, ETHS Parking Lot 1A and the following city surface parking lots:
- Lot 3, 1700 Chicago Ave.
- Lot 4, Central Street at Stewart Avenue (metered spaces only)
- Lot 16, 800/900 Noyes St. at the CTA tracks
- Lot 24, 727 Main St.
- Lot 25, 1614 Maple Ave. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 27, 1621 Oak Ave.
- Lot 51, 927 Noyes St. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 54, Central Street Metra Station
- James Park, between the west field house and the hill, as well as the south lot near the CTA tracks (NOT the Levy Center parking lot)