Each year the Evanston Environment Board recognizes individuals and companies that have been leaders in environmental stewardship within the community.
For 2008, the board honored two individuals and three organizations.
Leonard Sciarra, the board's chair, presented the awards at the Jan. 26 City Council meeting.
The stewardship awards were presented to:
- Greenwise Organic Lawn Care, owned by Marc Wise and Lindsey Stame;
- Dave Grumman, founder of the Evanston-based energy consulting business Grumman/Butkus Associates;
- Lemoi Hardware, which collaborated with Evanston on its "No Mower Pollution" event;
- Nichole Lovett, owner of Harmony Haus, which uses only Green Seal-certified products; and
- Mark Vend Company, which created several environmentally friendly programs for the City of Evanston and is owned by Daniel and Mark Stein.
Nominations for the award are sought every spring. More information about the board or the award is available online.