Winds this afternoon and evening gusting as high as 50 miles per hour have caused nearly a dozen minor incidents of downed trees and similar issues across Evanston.
Here's a list of incidents as reported by city officials.
- 10:35 a.m. at 1430 South Blvd. -- Branch hit a car, blocking street.
- 2:25 p.m., 1701 Main St. -- Tree down blocking road.
- 4:01 p.m., 1949 Campus Drive -- Line down blocking rear garage, no sparks.
- 4:40 p.m., 1212 Greenleaf St. -- Large tree branch blocking street.
- 4:45 p.m., 607 Lake St. -- A large tree branch on top of a CTA bus, no injuries reported. Paint damage on bus. Street secured, trees trimmed.
- 6:26 p.m., 2657 Ashland Ave. -- Large branch in street. Area secured. Forestry notified.
- 7:15 p.m., 1630 Chicago Ave. -- Large construction sign blown down in street. Sign removed.
- 7:24 p.m., 2400 Hartrey Ave. -- Tree down. Forestry notified.
- 7:31 p.m., Stewart at Livingston -- Tree down.
- 7:39 p.m., 321 Davis St. -- Downed tree blocking street.
The National Weather Service says the wind advisory now in effect for Evanston is scheduled to end at 10 p.m.