Fire strikes house on McDaniel

Evanston fire crews are on the scene of a fire in a home at 2155 McDaniel Ave. this evening.

The fire was reported just after 7 p.m. Police have blocked off traffic on McDaniel between Payne and Noyes streets.

First crews on the scene said the fire appeared to have started in the chimney of the two-story brick home.


Update 7:45 p.m.: The fire is extinguished and crews have started clearing the scene. The firefighters managed to limit the fire to the chimney of the home.

Topic: