Paid Post: The Kenilworth-Winnetka Baseball Association would like to invite all interested high school and college players to participate in its Colt, Palomino, and Thorobred Leagues for the 2018 summer season.
The three leagues cover the following age age groups:
- Colt League, 9th and 10th grade, class of 2020 and 2021.
- Palomino League, 11th and 12th grade, class of 2019 and 2018.
- Thorobred League, Post high school, class of 2017 and earlier.
The season dates are June 1 through the last week of July. Games are primarily on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
The fee is $275 for the season.
Participation is open to all grade-eligible players. Attendance is not mandatory. Each team typically has 14 to 15 rostered players. The players are responsible for ensuring that their team can field a squad.
Home games are played at Duke Childs Field, 1321 Willow Road in Winnetka. Away games are played at various North Shore or Near North community fields.
All KWBA teams will play in the North Suburban Youth Baseball Association (NSYBA), a cooperative program sponsored by several neighborhood communities located in the northern suburbs and nearby Chicago areas.
While this is a competitive league, all players will be offered a roster spot if they register prior to the deadline. The association will not be conducting evaluations but will do its best to honor requests to create your own team or just play on a team with your friends while attempting to divide the teams as
evenly as possible. Players who have a medium to high skill level will have the best experience.
OK, I am interested, what do I do?
- Register - All players must register at www.kwba.org by May 20.
- Coordinate - Talk to your buddies, elect a team captain and get your team (or part of a team) together. This league is all about playing with your buddies.
- Get Ready - If you played in High School or a club team in the Spring - Great, you’ll roll right into KWBA Colt/Palomino/Thorobred. If you didn’t, dust off the spikes, oil the glove, get the arm loose and get in game shape!
Questions? Please contact Jim Robinson at [email protected]