Seven streets around Evanston are due to be resurfaced this summer, beginning next week.
The project, expected to last a total of nine weeks, involves curb replacement as needed, roadway base repair, replacement of asphalt surfaces from curb to curb, and the replacement of selected sidewalk and driveway aprons.
As part of this project, a drop-off zone will be constructed on the east side of Prairie Avenue in front of Haven Middle School.
The locations included as part of this work will occur in the following order:
• Prairie Avenue (Harrison Street to Central Street)
• Prospect Avenue (Colfax Street to Grant Street)
• Wesley Avenue (Foster Street to Dead End North)
• Foster Street (Maple Avenue to Sherman Avenue)
• McDaniel Avenue (Lee Street to Dead End North)
• Dewey Avenue (Mulford Street to Kirk Street)
• Hartrey Avenue (Howard Street to Dead End North)
The actual date when construction is planned for each street will be noted on temporary NO PARKING signs that will be posted 48 hours before the start of work.
Construction zone daytime “No Parking” restrictions will be intermittent throughout the duration of the project; evening and night time parking (5 p.m. to 7 a.m.) will always be available.
Street sweeping and/or neighborhood parking restrictions will be waived for a one-block radius around the construction zone when temporary daytime no-parking is in effect.
The city asks that any sprinkler system be identified and marked with a flag by the property owner before the start of construction to prevent damage.