Contractors working for the City of Evanston will resurface 17 streets and replace water mains on five of them starting next Monday.
Streets getting the water main work are:
- Lake Street from McDaniel to Pitner avenues.
- McDaniel Avenue from Lake to Church streets.
- Central Street from Sherman Avenue to Sheridan Road.
- Church Street from Chicago to Hinman avenues.
- Wesley Avenue from Simpson Street to Leonard Place
The water main project will last 14 weeks. Actual construction dates will be posted on temporary no parking signs to be posted 48 hours before work starts.
Deteriorated water mains with be replaced with new ductile iron pipe and connections to individual properties will also be replaced.
Glenbrook Excavating & Concrete, Inc.of Wauconda is the contractor for this project. The city’s resident engineer will be Angeleo Alonzo Jr. who can be reached by calling 311.
Twelve other streets will be repaved in a project scheduled to run for eight weeks beginning Monday.
The first phase of the work will involve:
- Forest Avenue from Keeney to Kedzie streets.
- Greenleaf Street from Chicago to Hinman avenues.
- Oak Avenue from Greenleaf to Crain streets.
- Lee Street from Michigan Avenue to Sheridan Road.
- Washington Street from Dewey to Asbury avenues.
- Washington Street from Ridge to Chicago avenues.
The second phase of the work will involve:
- Elinor Place from Ashland to Wesley avenues.
- Forestview Road from Grant to Colfax streets.
- Lake Street from Elmwood to Sherman avenues.
- McDaniel Avenue from Church to Lyons streets.
- Princeton Avenue from Central Street to the dead end north of Central.
- Sherman Avenue from Greenwood to Lake Streets.
Construction will begin the week of June 17 on several street segments, with the entire project expected to be fully completed by early August.
Chicagoland Paving Contractors of Lake Zurich is the contractor for this project. The city’s resident engineer will be Pankaj Chokshi, who can be reached by calling 311.
For all the projects, the street resurfacing includes curb replacement as needed, roadway base repair, replacement of asphalt surface from curb to curb along with selected sidewalk replacement and driveway aprons.
Construction zone daytime no parking restrictions will be required intermittently. Evening and night time parking will always be available. Street sweeping and/or neighborhood parking restrictions will be waived for a one-block radius around the construction zone when temporary daytime no parking is in effect.
Property owners should mark sprinkler systems with flag before the start of construction to prevent damage.