Here are the 10 stories most-read by Evanston Now readers last month.
- Man shot to death on Leland – Sept. 11 – Evanston police responding to a call of shots fired found a 21-year-old man on the ground and unresponsive at 1731 Leland Ave. about 11 p.m. Tuesday.
- Incoming assessor found dead in home – Sept. 11 – Former Evanston Township Assessor Sharon Eckersall was found dead this morning in her home at 2519 Ashland Ave.
- 18-year-old charged with murder – Sept. 20 – Evanston police say a dispute over the sale of a gun led to the shooting death earlier this month of 21-year-old Cardereon Priester.
- Trader Joe’s store opens in Evanston – Sept. 6 – Employees were handing out Hawaiian Leis to customers as the Evanston Trader Joe’s market opened for business this morning.
- Evanston man shot to death in Kansas – Sept. 10 – A 26-year-old Evanston man who’d been working at the Kansas State Fair was shot to death in Hutchinson, Kan., Monday night.
- Chase bank on Grove robbed – Sept. 6 – Evanston police now have released photos of the man they say stole $2,600 from the Chase Bank branch at 901 Grove St. in downtown Evanston about 3:30 this afternoon.
- Three restaurants cited for underage liquor sales – Sept. 17 – Evanston police say they caught three restaurants selling liquor to under-age customers this month.
- Evanston man accused of pimping, beating runaway teen – Sept. 24 – An Evanston man is being held on $600,000 bond on charges he beat and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old runaway and forced her into prostitution.
- Arrest in Kansas death of Evanston man – Sept. 12 – Police in Hutchinson, Kan., say they’ve arrested a suspect in the fatal shooting of an Evanston man there Monday night.
- Some downtown want panhandling banned – Sept. 4 – Some 1st Ward residents say they’veve just about had it with panhandlers in downtown Evanston.
Top: Workers greeting customers at the new Trader Joe’s.