Evanston Health Director Ike Ogbo says a third site for coronavirus testing will open today in Evanston.
The new site, announced at Thursday evening’s online 2nd Ward meeting, is at the Erie Evanston/Skokie Health Center at 1285 Hartrey Ave.
Erie will join existing testing sites at Evanston and St. Francis hospitals.
The Erie website says only current Eirie patients will be eligible for testing and testing will be by appointment only.
Ogbo also noted that the state has recently expanded the criteria for determing who can be tested for COVID-19.
Testing is available for people who:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath and fever) OR
- Have a risk factor, such as
- Contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
- A compromised immune system or a serious chronic medical condition
Testing is also available for those with or without symptoms who:
- Work in a health care facility
- Work in correctional facilities, such as jails or prisons
- Serve as first responders, such as paramedics, emergency medical technicians, law enforcement officers or firefighters
- Support critical infrastructure, such as workers in grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, gas stations, public utilities, factories, childcare and sanitation