1912-14-colfax-fire-171022-efd

Evanston Fire Department officials say three people were injured when a fire broke out in a house at 1912-14 Colfax St. in northwest Evanston early this evening.

Fire crews treated two people on the scene for minor injuries and one was transported to Evanston Hospital suffering from possible smoke inhalation.

The blaze broke out on the second floor rear of the building and firefighters were able to bring it under control within a few minutes after they arrived on the scene.


Update 2:55 p.m. 10/23/17: Fire Division Chief Paul Polep says firefighters encountered heavy smoke and moderate fire conditions in the rear of the structure when they first arrived.

They found an elderly couple inside the home and helped them get out.

The man taken to the hospital was treated and released.

Bill Smith is the editor and publisher of Evanston Now.

Leave a comment

The goal of our comment policy is to make the comments section a vibrant yet civil space. Treat each other with respect — even the people you disagree with. Whenever possible, provide links to credible documentary evidence to back up your factual claims.

Your email address will not be published.