Back for its 19th year, Thursday Night Live returns with a 10-concert series to downtown Evanston at the newly renovated Fountain Square plaza.
From mid-June through August, each Thursday night will spotlight a different music genre from classic rock, blues, Beatles tribute, R&B, Swing, Americana and more.
Bring friends and family to enjoy an evening of live music, dancing and relaxing from 7 to 9 pm.. at the Fountain Square south plaza.
The new south plaza at Fountain Square.
Swing by a restaurant to take advantage of happy hour specials and grab a to-go dinner to dine al fresco. Chairs and tables are provided, but guests are welcome to bring other seating. Downtown Evanston will provide activities for children at the concerts including big Jenga, Scrabble, bubbles, Connect Four and more.
This is a free event and all ages are welcome. Thursday Night Live, in downtown Evanston, is accessible via public transit by taking the CTA Purple Line to the Davis; or take Metra to the Davis stop. There is street parking and garage parking available at Sherman Plaza (entrances on Davis St. or Benson Ave.)
Special thanks to the sponsors of Thursday Night Live including The Crystal Ballroom & Lounge, First Bank & Trust, Fusion Academy, Industrious, Koi Fine Asian Cuisine & Lounge, and Evanston Community Bank & Trust, a branch of Wintrust
Chip Ratliff & the Dirty BluCrue! performs June 21.
In the event of inclement weather, Downtown Evanston will cancel the show by 4 p.m. on the day of the concert. Please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or visit downtownevanston.org to learn about changes or cancellations.
Here’s the Thursday Night Live schedule:
- June 14 — Los Perros Cubanos — Latin Dance with Cuban Roots.
- June 21 — Chip Ratliff & the Dirty BluCrue! — Funk and Soul.
- June 28 — Railheart — Americana, Rock ‘n Roll, Country.
- July 5 — No concert — Happy 4th of July.
- July 12 — Rio Bamba — Brazilian and American Jazz.
- July 19 — The Joyce Renee Band — Jazz, Classic Oldies and Motown.
- July 26 — Second Hand Soul Band — Motown, Soul, and Rock & Roll.
- Aug. 2 — Kaleidoscope Eyes — Acoustic Beatles Tribute.
- Aug. 9 — Rick Lindy & The Wild Ones — Rockabilly, Blues, Roots & more.
- Aug. 16 — Chicken Bone — Classic Rock, Roots and Blues.
- Aug. 23 — The Flat Cats — Swing, Jazz and Blues.