The Thursday evening concert series known as “It’s Thursday, Let’s Dance” will be back again this summer in downtown Evanston for a 17th seasion, but with a new name — “Thursday Night Live.”
On 10 Thursdays from mid-June through August, each session will spotlight a different music genre from jazz and swing to rock ‘n’ roll and Beatles covers.
Each concert is from 7 to 9 p.m. at the plaza at 1603 Orrington Ave. Patrons can dine al fresco with to-go dinners from downtown restaurants as well as listen and dance to the music. Chairs are provided, but guests are welcome to bring their own seating.
It’s a free event and all ages are welcome. The events a sponsored by Downtown Evanston.
Here’s the schedule:
- June 16 — The Stingers — Classic and roots rock, deep blues, ‘60s-style pop and gritty soul.
- June 23 — Highland Park Pops — Big band jazz and Latin jazz.
- July 7 — Hush Train — ’70s funk and soul.
- July 14 — Decoy Prayer Meeting — Country swing, rockabilly, folk.
- July 21 — Kaleidoscope Eyes — Acoustic Beatles tribute band.
- July 28 — Sam Fazio Quartet — American standards, jazz.
- Aug. 4 — Los Perros Cubanos — Cuban fusion band (1940s-’50s).
- Aug. 11 — The Ramon Raquello Orchestra — Swinging standards and international favorites.
- Aug. 18 — Petra Van Nuis Quintet — Swing and jazz.
- Aug. 25 — The Hoyle Brothers — Americana, honky-tonk.